Monday, November 07, 2011

get it together, Grange

 Nacho Business!  The King Tuff show was the best show of the year.  Well, for me it ties for best so far with Sonny and the Sunsets in LA.  I really wish Sonny and the Sunsets would play here.

Fuuuuuuuccckkk! Have you ever gotten the French Dip at Sam's Hof Brau?  I thought I loved the Hof Brau but the French Dip brought it to a new level.  My early new year's resolution is to eat there once a month.

This picture is a representation of what it feels like to stay in a penthouse at the Citizen.  Rich people really do have more fun, it's just like I suspected.  The penthouse lounge was a sea of champagne on ice and self-satisfied laughter.

A family member of a friend generously offered to take me and a group out to dinner at the Grange and I had one of the weirdest dinners ever.  The food was fine, but the service was insanely disorganized.  Our server would abandon us for long periods, including to the point where we were stacking dirty dishes onto our menus, which had never been taken away.  Then, when it came time to bring dishes out, 5 people would bring them over at once.  So our table would either be swarmed or abandoned.  I had a dish of Anson Mills grits fritters (they had me at Anson Mills) covered in barbecue sauce (which was not a good touch) and my silverware  never got swapped out so I just had to use my sauce-covered silverware for my other dishes.  We managed to order cocktails initially, but then after we drank them our cups sat empty and no one asked if we wanted to order wine or any other drinks.  I know this all sounds like spoiled complaining but those prices are HIGH!  Grange needs to GET IT TOGETHER.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The food was really half assed!!! It was like a restaurant school "restaurant".

It sucked.

But it didn't suck as bad as the disgusting "donuts" at broadacre. Don't even get me started on those things.

In these two cases I think that people without talent are hiding behind their wonderful artisinal ingredients. It's not the ingredients fault that grange's food sucks or that those leaden "donut" are inedible.

The road to hell is paved with Anson Mills grits.

EC

beckler said...

The coffee at Broadacre is super good, though. I am stoked on that place.

Liv Moe said...

Tuff is tied for me with the South Bay Surfers, the only other show which left me giddy this year. I like for a moment there was speculation that I went down in the pit. Killed by Tuff!

I'm planning on hitting the Brau next week!!!! So good!

Anonymous said...

I thought I was prepared for how stoked I was gonna be to hear those songs live. But I was wrong.

-miller

beckler said...

oh man, the copper pot special at ella this week is braised rabbit with spaetzle! I'm hoping my sister will be willing to get this tonight since we're going out to dinner, but I'm not sure she even likes rabbit.

Anonymous said...

You better wash your hands real well before you pet buster again. He will know.

-natalie.

beckler said...

I never wash my hands. Sorry. It's a core value.