Thursday, July 05, 2012

hecka show

Hey wait a minute, I had it on my calendar that Heckamax was playing tonight at a coffee shop.  Did that get canceled? Aha, I see it's not on undietacos (mistake!) but it is in my fb events.  Starts at 8pm at the Naked Lounge on H st, Al and Dead Western

So as a wedding present we got this sweet electric kettle, Kitchenaid I think.  My goal was to use it to make coffee in the perfect temp range, and let me tell ya, it makes a HUGE difference.  I'm serious.  With that and my burr grinder I get perfect coffee every day.  Just a little advice if you're into it, if not don't bother obviously. 

Friday at Bows is Goia Fonda's art opening and I'm quite excited to see what she has cooked up. 

6 comments:

beckler said...

I have to start following McConaughey's tweets!

happy birthday America, more good news, Camila and I are expecting our 3rd child, God bless, just keep livin

Shannon said...

Do you deliver coffee to the Arden area? Say around 9 am?

beckler said...

no, but I can give you advice on the perfect cup. it's not that hard

Anonymous said...

What do you deem to be the perfect temperature? I suppose I could google it,but I'd rather have your expert-ish opinion.

MSG

Anonymous said...

whoops that question sounds like I am trying to be a dick and I wasn't. It's a sincere question. Sorry.

MSG

beckler said...

It's 195-205, the kettle has a 200 degree setting, and it holds it there, so while i'm pouring i can put it back on and if it's changed even a degree or two it will get it right up to temp