Tuesday, October 02, 2012

get to know this good time guy

Nic is djing the Dive Bar tonight! Scroll down for details.  So cool! I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow so I could take advantage of the 5 buck Jameson shots.  I will try to drag my ass out there.

Midtown Village Cafe (formerly Butch N Nellies, formerly Mondo Bizarro) is doing some interesting stuff.  They are having Friday night month-long residencies of different artists.  This month it's Phil Franklin.  Do you know this guy?  You should get to know this good time guy.  Look at the line up for the month! The last Friday his partner, Christine Shields, is playing and I have mentioned before that she has put out a wonderful, wintry album.  A full-length LP that is cohesive and all good.  How rare is that in this day and age.  It's wintry as hell, so buy one in anticipation of cold weather, if it ever comes.  I'm sure she will have LPs for sale there.  Phil is putting together grab bags for attendees!

No comments: