Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Californication

Woah, I accidentally did some weird command and published this entry after I had just entered the heading "californication". Maybe I should just leave that as a cryptic entry. I wrote it because I'm listening to the Virgin radio online station and Californication is on. This song is so funny, but I like that Kiedis wrote a song about Cali. Has anyone seen his new pageboy with bangs haircut? I want to read his book when it comes out in paperback. And of course when the "Teaches of Kiedis" calendar finally comes out I will be first in line to buy it.

I went to that show last night and it was really fun. I hope Jeff has more shows there and that I find out about them. It was probably on the indie list but ever since I got burned there I never went back. That was the best when Dennis Yudt wrote "welcome to the indie list. Now shut the fuck up". He's so tough. And because I'm a girl and I'm not really interested in getting in a how big is your dick contest I did indeed shut the fuck up. He totally won! It's like he's an indie list gladiator or something, keeping off the riff-raff who aren't tough enough to make it on....this internet chat room thing where people talk about indie rock. Wow! Where did that come from? I guess I'm more bitter than I thought about that whole experience. And to think it all started because someone kept picking on my boyfriend and I wanted to defend him.

Right now the online station is playing "Laura" by the Scissor Sisters. This is a great song. Anyway, the kids playing the show were adorable and entertaining. I experienced one of my first "that guy is too young for me to think he's cute" moments. Scott sez "get used to it".

No comments: