Tuesday, November 08, 2005

maybe i'll eat my first pupusa (sounds dirty, no?)

I'm making attempt 2 to eat at Chaat Corner tonight. But if it's mysteriously closed, there's a (I think) new place in the same strip mall that 524#2 is in that has a neon sign advertising pupusas. I've never had one but I want to try it. If you don't know, it's a Salvadorian dish that consists of cornmeal dough stuffed with meat and/or cheese. Every culture loves this combo and so do I. I don't know the address or name, but if you take 16th st. and get off at Northgate you'll soon pass the 99cent store on your left, so pull over there and you'll find both 524 and the pupusa place.

3 comments:

leon said...

I had a papusa at the whole earth fest at UCD once. Delish! Too many boomer-hippies.

leon said...

...and completely off-topic

I'm attempting that whole podcasting thingy

http://lovethefrenchmen.com/podcasts

if you have iTunes, go to "Advanced/Subscribe to Podcast"
and copy/paste the below url in the little box:

http://lovethefrenchmen.com/podcasts/rss.xml

You can also directly DL the "broadcast" in mp3 format from the website. This week I'm featuring KNock KNock! All music baby.

OK, back to your regularly scheduled program

Anonymous said...

the name of the pupusa place is la flor de michoacan. i got pupusas to go from there once on the recommendation of jose the maintenance guy in my building (who was the recent victim of downsizing). one time on the elevator he told me he loved pussy. anyway, the pupusas were greasy and pretty good. i like eating at restaurants, probably more than heckasac.

-greg