Friday, May 04, 2007

b.j. for antica

It seems like almost nothing is going on this weekend and I for one am glad. Is there anything happening that I don't know about? There are a couple of really good shows coming up, though. Both at Fool's. Hmm...I see from looking at their website that Get Hustle are playing tonight, but I've never heard. Them. On tuesday the 8th, Tyvek is playing at Fools. And then on wednesday, the Finches are playing at Fools!!!! I thought with the Bushes, but I checked the Bushes myspace and I see they're not playing. What's up with that? Lame. Scott, you should write something that will make people understand why they should go see Tyvek. It sounds good to me on the myspace. Scrappy and tuneful both at the same time!.

I'm sure Pizza Antica in Granite Bay is good, and I'd like to try it because they have thin crust, wood fired oven pizza, but it is annoying to me that this kind of restaurant is automatically going to receive a b.j. from every press outlet while exciting new Thai and Vietnamese restaurants languish with no press at all. I began to get annoyed by this when I read this quote in the Bee from the Pizza Antica owner regarding a visit to Masons that convinced him to start a restaurant in this area "The place was beautiful, and packed with young, affluent, sophisticated people with money to spend, all having a great time," Stannard recalled in a recent phone interview from his San Francisco office. "I thought, 'This place could be anywhere -- San Francisco, L.A., New York. Who wouldn't want to be here?' " Yeah, I hate when I have to eat around old or middle aged people who aren't affluent. It's so unpleasant. And look, this article contains the Bees fifth mention of Tex Wasabi (by my google search) a restaurant that even "it's all good" Mike Dunne couldn't manage to write a favorable review of. It was obvious from day one that the sign went up on Tex Wasabi (like a year before it opened) that Tex Wasabi was going to be a piece of shit, so why keep writing about it?

Look, Allen Pierloni reviewed some kind of generic cafeteria in Folsom. Mmm...soup from Sysco. Assembled by robots, probably. Thanks for the tip, Allen. I'll make sure to never ever go there.

Maybe you've noticed that a Greek restaurant is going in in that building in the 19th st. Safeway parking lot. It's a big chain.

I was just reading the article in the Bee about the poor woman who got killed outside the library on wednesday (the library club). Too awful for words. Look at the comments that people are writing in the Bee! What assholes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ancient Sons are playing at Record Club at The Press on Sunday. An early show I think. Like 5:00 maybe.

-miller

Anonymous said...

that Quarry Pond place is creepy. I've read so much about it and expected too much maybe... but it's really the same things as anywhere else in the roseville/granite bay area - except there's a big puddle behind the shopping center. Also seeing a couple of the more well known midtown shops open there feels kinda like seeing bits of the parthenon in the british museum. But there was ample parking, so everything should work out fine.

Anonymous said...

Someone should start an outreach program called Hugs For Thugs. The moto could be, "Give a thug a hug, you may save a life."

Anonymous said...

Respond with Sendahole.com.

leon said...

Daphne's already has had some burb locations in the greater Sacramento area for a while now. It's expensive (for what it is) and just bad, cheap, wannabe Mediterranean food.

Stick with Maalouf's!