Thursday, December 20, 2007

see you next year

All right, Aioli, you've messed with me for the last time! I'm sick of you never having all the wines by the glass that you list (despite the list being relatively short), which is really no big deal, but what makes me mad is that each server invariably suggests something that's not at all like what I just ordered. It's like they think they can shove any old crap my way. They do this every time. Then, when we ordered white, he just poured it into the giant red wine goblets that were already on our table rather than bring us other glasses. Our server last night was brusque and condescending. He tried to bust our chops because the four of us ordered a bottle of wine and three plates of food. This was at nine o'clock and his tables weren't exactly all full, so what does he care? He almost elbowed one of our party in the face. He gave us the bum rush before the restaurant was officially supposed to be closed. I guess I'm making us sound like a bad table and that I'm being picky, but anyone who eats at Aioli knows that they have some rotten apples with their servers. It's too bad because I like the place.

Man, the Taylor's market meat counter is crazy around the holidays. They have duck, goose, capon, rabbit, pheasant, and many more exotic creatures. I've been ending up at Taylor's like every day recently and I love it there. Everyone is so friendly, especially the wine guy. They really need to get a numbering system at the butcher case, though, if you're not on your toes some fat cat will cut in front of you in a second.

I won't be around much until next year, so see you then!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had the same experience at Aoli a few years back. I showed up with a friend not long before the place was closing, and asked the server if the kitchen was still open. He's all, "yeah sure, no problem, come hang out" and then after seating us and taking our order, we're being hurried the hell out of the place. Gee thanks ... I also like their food, but would've liked it more if they would've just been honest about the staff wanting to leave for the night.

Liv Moe said...

all i have to say is "give it to joseph"

Anonymous said...

So is the Armeniac taking over for the rest of the year? He's blowing domes over at the Barnesyard - that's for sure.

-miller

Liv Moe said...

secret blog?

mt.st.mtn. said...

Another fine point of the evening was Joseph "giving it" to me in the form of a headlock and a not-very gentle noogie. Last time I consulted the mirror I didn't think I looked like a 10 year old boy. I did really enjoy the wine though.

~ Dani

beckler said...

I kind of blanked out on that. I just pretended it wasn't happening. Did he kiss the top of your head?

Anonymous said...

How's the service at Taylor's? Are they patient?

John L

Anonymous said...

Hey, ever been to Market Hall in Berkeley? Is Taylor's comparable to that? This is a real question.