Friday, September 11, 2009

Bravo

Wow, your overwhelming flood of birthday wishes almost shut down the blogspot server, so I better make another post.

What's up this weekend? I know it's Heckamax's birthday.

I went to One Speed last night, and I was very, very impressed. It was exciting to see such an extensive list of small plates, most of which sounded intriguing. It was bustling, but we were seated right away. Service was great. Out of the four dishes, the impeccable frito misto was the standout. Good wine by the glass, although he doesn't offer that many. It's a good candidate for bringing a bottle. I haven't tried the pizza yet. Well done as usual, Rick Mahan.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

whooooo Happy Birthday Scott, Happy Birthday Heckamax!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the frito misto was outstanding and the beet salad has such a good balance of flavors. I almost don't care about the pizzas. I just want to try more of the small plates.

Thanks again for taking me!

DKK

undercover caterer said...

I too, loved the small plates. I'm sad to say though, that better pizza is to be had at Masullo. Small plates and box wine is where it's at.

beckler said...

Since I'm really rooting for the success or Masullo, I would be happy to say the pizzas are better there. There is probably enough business to go around, though.

I just listened to Dan Barnes on KFBK and he was great!!!! Very pro. Kitty O'Neal and he had sizzling hot chemistry. Watch out Darcy.

Liv Moe said...

I concur on the frito misto and that house wine at One Speed is the shit! Delicious.

undercover caterer said...

I love Masullo, don't take that the wrong way. Mahan doesn't have to do EVERYTHING perfectly.

beckler said...

I didn't take it the wrong way. The internet just can't convey tone. I was happy you said that. I'm going to Masullo tonight!

p.s.-I saw you at the farmer's market. Does that make you feel stalked?