Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Medieval Brew Awareness

The brew selection at the Davis Co-op has officially broken off the chain. They now have Cantillon (Lou Pepe and small bottles of Iris), and I guess they sold so well that they may already be out of them. I have it from an inside source that they will soon be stocking Drie Fonteinen Kriek. There is nowhere else except the Bay Area where you can get it. Made with schaerbeeke cherries. That is some Medieval ass shit!

Also, Weatherstone finally has their liquor license and two beers on tap. I'll be writing a little blurb about it for SNR. Stop on by and have a brew.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Weatherstone: we have Blue Moon and Racer 5 on tap.

Nightmare or reality?
-Ed

beckler said...

Wrong! They are fortunately interested in pouring beers that no one else is pouring in Sac. They might not be to my taste, but at least it's something different. And they're open to ideas. Ideas such as getting Russian River beer. I may have overstepped the bounds of reportage with my suggestions. Once again I have dragged journalistic ethics through the mud.

Anonymous said...

Well then, that certainly is promising. Wonder what they will have?

Ed

leon said...

Racer 5 has over saturated the Sac market, but it's still more interesting than Sierra Nevada, but yeah, I'll take Pliny over both any day.

Stickie said...

Fonteinen Kriek?!!? Damn. Thanks for the heads-up on that one.