Friday, June 18, 2010

creepy from birth

Leading up to our First Annual Hail Satan Kenneth Anger Weenie Roast and Film Fest I will try to give you some facts on Anger. He was born in 1927 in Santa Monica. He was peripherally involved in the film industry (barely) as a child and his only real part was playing the Changeling Prince in the silent film of Midsummer Night's Dream. There he is. Creepy, right?

Some Woodsist fest articles are coming out and people are claiming Kirsten Dunst was there. There were only like 200 people there and I was there all day and saw no Dunst. Sure there were girls that looked like Dunst, but I don't believe she was there. There was also a busted looking poor man's Joni Mitchell but I'm not claiming she was there. However, check out this awesome picture of Matt R. here. And you can see smiller in his short shorts! Which I demanded that he wear.

Big concert in the park after work! Four Eyes, Shruggs, Enlows, Secretions. Can't wait!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, the Art Museums played the Woodsist fest? I'm so jealous that you got to see them! I heard they just broke up. Man, you were really lucky to have seen them!!

-john

beckler said...

Is this a joke? I'm assuming this is a passive aggressive comment from Scott because we missed the Art Museums and it was allegedly my fault. The fake name "john" gives it away.

beckler said...

do you guys know about the flea market on del paso blvd. tomorrow?

http://www.schiffestateservices.com/

Anonymous said...

Art Museums played?? No way!!

-jim

sarah said...

hey! thanks for that flea market tip!!

Anonymous said...

I hear the four eyes set will be Prime for something Yet I cannot say which.

Shakesbeard

Anonymous said...

I heard that when K. Anger was lecturing one time at CalArts that he tried to leave the stage, due to some question that was asked that pissed him off, but actually the door he opened was a small broom closet. He didn't come out. The teacher had to clear the hall and then go get Anger out of the closet. Everybody knew it was a closet - except Ken I guess.

-ec

Anonymous said...

for some, it's difficult to come out of the closet in a room full of strangers. he obviously felt more comfortable coming out to an individual he trusted.

Anonymous said...

Hey all,

Knock Knock, San Kazagascar, Hot TV and Modlins are playing Saturday at Old Ironsides. One of the million shows that are happening tomorrow night.

Stoked on the Four Eyes!

-heckamax

Anonymous said...

That's cool, have a nice weekend. I'll just hang out here.

gbomb

Anonymous said...

virginia from mantles / art museums here. I SAW DUNST! she was hanging in the back area most of the time with jennie lewis. whatevaaaaa.

beckler said...

oh, in the VIP area, I see. Not with us plebes. she probably got free chips and salsa, too.

Anonymous said...

I missed Art Museums AND Dunst?!?! Wow, it's like I wasn't even there.

-miller