Thursday, July 22, 2010

girls fm

Man, maybe it is the weed talking, but I was fucking PSYCHED on that show last night. Kyle has charisma to spare in a way that is super rare. It sucked that his voice was so shot because I love his voice, but he really gave it his all. I can't remember the last show when I bought that much merch. Between me and smiller we got 50 bucks worth of stuff. Plus, man, does Sac love Happy Birthday! We demanded an encore and he said "see you next time", so you can tell they'll be back. Here's a good interview with his mom from Vice. Somebody whose name starts with "r" and ends with "askee" really needs to warn people about his stash. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but I was entirely unprepared for the mental journey I was on until about 3 am last night. So tired.

I totally forgot that Knock Knock is playing tonight. The good news is that you can easily hit up the Anger fest first and then go see them because they're gonna take the stage at like eleven. Where's the show? Press Club? I really fucked up by not having flyers to hand out at the show last night cuz it was packed.

I know I always shill for FatFace, but they have a really good new sandwich. Hard boiled egg with anchovy aioli and slices of potato.
And this is a pineapple yellow watermelon pop. So refreshing.

12 comments:

Liv Moe said...

Great, now I'm kicking myself like I knew that I would. Cest la vie, atleast tonight I'll have ANGER(!).... and Knock Knock.

Anonymous said...

I think Knock Knock is at the Blue Lamp.

Show last night was GREAT!!

-miller

beckler said...

yes, blue lamp confirmed.

beckler said...

my work is about to take me to my annual birthday lunch at whiteys and after that i won't be back until next Thursday!!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your peach shake and have a awesome birthday! I can't even imagine what it's like being so old (atleast not for another 7 weeks or so I can't)
jamattack!

Anonymous said...

anyone know how much the Knock Knock show costs???

Anonymous said...

It was cool to meet you and smiller last night!

Yeah I loved the show. Glad I made it in. Good thing they saved Subliminal Message for the last song in the set... I think that's the highest his voice gets on the whole album. By then he was pressing on his throat to get the words out.

-HN

HK said...

Dude, show was "at capacity" when Parks and I arrived. Lame-o. We went home and I got to go to bed and read more of the Tolkien biography I got from the library. *Nerd alert*

-Klinger

Anonymous said...

Becks, when are you coming back? I was so bored today, I read SacRag.

-DB

P.S.: Please nominate "I was so bored today, I read SacRag" for "Best Intra-Regional Diss" in this year's SNR Best-of-Sac issue.

Anonymous said...

But not bored enough to update your own blog?

Come on Barnes, discuss Inception!
g

beckler said...

lol at that sacrag comment!
yes, even though i talked to you in person at the fair about inception, i was drunk on merlot slushie (MH just shuddered as she read that) and don't remember the specifics of what you said. we all want your take on inception!
p.s.-db you better come to my next movie screening! it's going to be jodorowsky! the weed is not going to smoke itself.

Anonymous said...

That's not true! Kim Jon-Il has diverted all of his top missile scientists to begin working on self-smoking weed! It's the greatest threat to America today, besides the next Hugh Grant romantic comedy.

-DB