Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Kenneth Anger screening taste

It's high time I started beating the publicity drum for me and Liv's Kenneth Anger screening and weenie roast that is coming up very soon! Thursday the 22nd at 7pm. We screened some of his early films last night to decide what to include. If you're usually not into artsy-fartsy stuff here is what I have to say to you:
1)hot dog included with admission
2)the films are like 15 minutes long each, so you can sneak in and out
3)homoerotic
4)yes, there is a Knock Knock show that night but you can go to both. Knock Knock won't start until after the screening is over
5)special appearances by SATAN

Fireworks is one of his best known movies. It came out in like 1947. The deal with Kenneth Anger films is that he was super ahead of his time.



This is just a taste. More to come, including some awesome fonts for you font nerds out there.

9 comments:

Caroline said...

where is this happening? i return from toronto around 7 that night, i'll be late and stinky!!

beckler said...

what, they don't have showers in toronto? it will be about 7 to about ten. it's at the hub.

The Armeniac said...

I think Kenneth Anger would prefer his fans be late and stinky at all times. Also, bring on the fonts!!!! I'm a bit of a font nerd, a bit.

Anonymous said...

Two words: Scorpio Rising!

Best. Anger. Ever.

-omf

yolkie said...

ohhh I am a font nerd. Count me in. You had me at hot dog.

olivia and trisha said...

The hot dog hooked me and The Ror. She will be blazing in on a golden wheelchair. Priority seating?
-Olivia

Anonymous said...

Why are you doing this, now that I no longer can attend!?!?

You should follow this up with a Carolee Schneeman night. "Fuses" is gorgeous and "Meat Joy".... well, is there any need to explain why it is so wonderful?

DKK

Liv Moe said...

Dani you are a genius! Meat Joy night would be freakin' AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Futura