Thursday, August 19, 2010

loincloths: in pants:out

FINALLY produce is starting to roll in from the garden! This was yesterday's take. That yellow tomato was the bomb.
Last night Liv, Skipper, and I screened Holy Mountain to get us in the proper state of mind to trip you out on Tuesday, the 24th (at 730) when we screen Jodorowsky's classic psychedelic spaghetti western "El Topo" at the Hub for only 3 dollars!!
Holy Mountain is insane and it is almost more than I can take. These crucified carcasses come onscreen about 4 minutes in.
This is going to be my Halloween costume. Who's with me? The ladies below, not a flayed, crucified carcass.
There are lots and lots of loincloths. I like a man that can pull off a loincloth.

I want my bedroom to look like this, including a man in a loincloth.
Here's Jodorowsky himself as The Alchemist (he can turn shit into gold!-a useful skill). We concluded by the end that this was some kind of hairpiece as he seems to have a normal hairline later.
All in all, this movie is jaw-dropping. It does have a plot, a loose plot, and it's certainly visually interesting, and Don Cherry did the music so it sounds good, too. It is really just too much to take in one sitting, but by the time I was reaching my limit, it was only 10 minutes from the end. I'm psyched to see El Topo now.

1 comment:

Liv Moe said...

you can really tell that's a hair piece in that last image. more than i noticed last night.

i also feel like it bears saying that turning shit into gold literally means feces as opposed to just turning random "shit" into gold.... just sayin'