Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Other Office

Hmm...well I couldn't tell if anyone was still out there because hardly anyone chimed in on Four Eyes Xmas show suggestions, but my statcounter said a buncha people checked yesterday (they're probably all searching for "Justin Bieber" or "paris hilton benji hooter" that's a heckasac callback for you longtime readers) and none of the hits were me because I was too busy to check, so guess I'll keep going!

Knock Knock and the Four Eyes were heckagood on Friday.  The Four Eyes are such consumate entertainers.  Picture an extended imitation of Tattoo from Fantasy Island as voiced by Peter Lorre, with a soupcon of Lost in Space thrown in = comedy gold.  And they closed with the theme song to Happy Days! Poifect.

Tales of Old Sac and weed cards after the jump!

Prior to that, I started the evening on the Delta King at 7pm, which is not a sentence that ends with anything good for anyone.  But it was fun!  FYI, the Delta King has 3 dollar mai tais from 5:30 to 7:30 and the least friendly bartenders around.  So it's fun to fuck with them by forcing them to make 8 mai tais!

When I've been in Old Sac lately (which is kind of a lot), I've spied this bar called "The Other Office" which is never open.  The "o"s on the sign are linked in this way the implies sex (see above) and in some of the yelp bars it's being called a swinger's bar, soooo of course I was excited that it was open on Friday and had to go there.  We all went and it was.....not that exciting.  Neat downstairs patio.  Weird closed-off room downstairs with lots of red velvet.  Lots of rage rock on the jukebox.  My swinger sense was not tingling.  I don't think it's very developed.

AND, I probably shouldn't reveal this, but on Sunday I got my weed card with an undisclosed friend.  I'll write more about it later.

4 comments:

Charles Albright said...

This post has entirely to few mentions of me and my post-punk rivals the Gang of Four Eyes.

Charles Albright

ps. Amanda Carrol is from Citrus Heights! Not Yuba ?!?

Anonymous said...

Ah, the card issue...

I was at the dentist the other day. The dentist said, "Do you have anything for pain?"

On the one hand, I was like, "Well, he is a medical professional. I should be able to tell him about my card without him getting all uncomfortable."

On the other hand, I was like, "No way, dude. You've seen the Marathon Man. Don't tempt fate."

In the end, I listened to my paranoia, but turned down a script for codeine.

The dentist must think I'm super macho.

--knowcebo

yolkie said...

uhh I believe you mean Amanda Cook, Charles. Consider my vote going to the Four Eyes.

Anonymous said...

Is the Other Office the place with good lumpia?
I think we had lunch there during goldrush days