Tuesday, October 11, 2011

the bottom of the barrel

It's come to this, I'm reposting things from facebook.  Steve M. posted some good Sac-related stuff.
Looks like a ton of people are going to be at Michele's wine event tonight at Bows, including me.  Perhaps I will see you there?

You know what, I don't think I like Fassbinder anymore.  Shocking, I know.  I tried to watch "in a year of 13 moons" yesterday and it was kind of garbage.  And before I decided to give up I had to watch GRAPHIC slaughterhouse footage in service of some pretentious bullshit.  It really made me feel like I'm a total hypocrite for not being a vegetarian.  However, if you are looking for some Halloween movies, I can recommend "who can kill a child".  It's silly but has its  moments.  Here's a post about it on I Love Hot Dogs, which is where I get a lot of my movie recommendations.

14 comments:

beckler said...

p.s.-June's reopens today!

Anonymous said...

The guy made 30 movies in a decade, there's bound to be some stinkers. Law of averages. "Fear Eats the Soul", though!

-DB

Anonymous said...

I love "Fear Eats the Soul" for all the right reasons, but I add the reason that the couple went to eat at Osteria Bavaria, the restaurant where Unity Mitford stalked Hitler.

gbomb

Anonymous said...

No love for the unidentified DJ who serenaded smiller (and you?) with the Nar/Lizards record at the garden plot?

Anonymous said...

Did that happen??

-miller

beckler said...

yeah, when did that happen?

Anonymous said...

Are you guys being facetious?
I was BLASTING the split in our yard, cuz I saw smiller in the garden on Sunday(?)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I didn't notice that. The rad compiund up the alley?

-miller

Anonymous said...

Compound, that is.

-miller

Anonymous said...

Affirmative. We are all rabid Verysmall/Secret Center/ etc... fans.
Stop by sometime for a homebrew, fresh eggs, or fresh roasted coffee.
All I ask is that you bring me a copy of "Uh, This is a Cover", preferably on CD.

Anonymous said...

Ha, the one tape I can't find! I have the master somewhere. Man, I've always wanted to check that compund out - I may take you up on this!

-miller

beckler said...

what! is this a crazy joke? i'd give my left nut to get inside that compound. i'm always trying to peek in.

Anonymous said...

The crazy joke was blasting smillers music at him...and you missed it!
captcha:repunc

Anonymous said...

She was in bed watching Matlock as I slaved at the garden. Too over-worked to recognize my own music.

-miller