Monday, October 03, 2011

Mori Seiki hurts our community?

I see none of my friends won Sammies.  It's probably better that way, though.  The sudden rush of fame can be quite heady and some people can't handle it.  I was particularly worried about Charles.

Have you guys seen that big sign over the freeway on the way to Davis that says "Mori Seiki hurts our community", complete with a guy dressed like the grim reaper?  It was so creepy that I thought Mori Seiki was a cult, but I forgot to look it up online when I got to work every single time I saw it.  I finally looked and it's way less creepy than I thought.  The grim reaper is a touch overdramatic!

Ella Restaurant has started up their prix fixe menu again, and you really should take advantage of it.  This is an amazing opportunity to sample this high-level restaurant at a paltry price.  It's 30 bucks, starts tomorrow and goes until the end of October.  Here's the menu.


appetizer

SALAD LYONNAISE
WARM PANCETTA VINAIGRETTE, GRILLED RUSTIC BREAD, FRISÉE, AND POACHED EGG 
~OR~ 
RICOTTA GNOCCHI
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH,
WILD AND TAME MUSHROOMS, SAGE,AND WINE STEWED ONIONS
 

entrée

ROASTED PASSMORE RANCH STURGEON
RAGOUT OF BUTTER BEANS, OLIVE OIL CURED TOMATOES, AND FRESH GREMOLATA 
~OR~ 
BUTTER BASTED PORK TENDERLOIN
CHOUCROUTE OF CABBAGE, SAUTEED EARLY FALL APPLES, AND CIDER JUS
 

dessert

LEMON PUDDING CAKE
ELDERBERRY COMPOTE AND SWEET CRÈME FRAICHE 
~OR~ 
TIRAMISU
ESPRESSO DIPPED LADYFINGERS, CHOCOLATE GANACHE, AND RUM MASCARPONE

No comments: