Monday, June 17, 2013

nam kaotod

 I always seem to eat at the same few places lately, but Asian Cafe is just sooo good. On the left is chicken laap with gizzards, on the right is papaya salad made with cucumbers. I have just never been able to get into the green papaya texture.
This is one of my favorite dishes in the world, which I already raved about in a review, nam kaotod.  It's the crispy rice dish with fermented pork sausage.

Have you guys ever had the chili cheese tamales at La Esperanze?  They are kind of the best kind. They cost a little more.  They must be harder to make and they sell out by like 9:30.

The house show above the noodle factory had some really bad sound problems on Saturday. The speakers were kinda busted and crackly.  The movie starring Aaron Zeff was really funny and I hope that team makes more movies.  It was cool to see the apartment on top of the noodle factory.  I have been walking by and wondering about that green room and old hanging light since I lived above Old I, like 16, 17 years ago.

No comments: