Wednesday, September 25, 2013

juggalos

New Drake!  I really like it although it's uneven (not a surprise).  The first song is 6 minutes long, with some Kanye'ish sped up whitney houston song as the track. blarg.  Then, lots of good stuff. I totally forgot started from the bottom was not on any previous album since it's been out for so long.  It's not too long, either.  The last couple songs are jay-z, and I"m really over that guy. I know, I know, I should listen to magna carta. But at this point his bragging about his money is as charming as listening to a rockefeller brag about it.  I want to hear about some major philanthropy before I wanna hear about that anymore.  Maybe he is doing that.

I'm going to see Tech Nine tonight. Juggalos! 

5 comments:

DJ Rick said...

Did you catch this story about Jay-Z basically Uncle Tom-bashing Harry Belafonte and bragging that his mere presence is "charity"?

beckler said...

lame!

DJ Rick said...

The other thing about Jay-Z that bugs me is how his voice so often sounds like a young Travolta trying to do an impression of a black man. It would be a really good impression, but it's still got that smack of young Travolta in it.

beckler said...

if you watch that old documentary on him you will like him better. he dorks out on music a lot. but it was before he was jay z as like king of everything

DJ Rick said...

The likable parts of the personalities of superstars get pretty buried sometimes. Just like the likable aspects of their music. It happens when someone becomes a star and then is too stupid to realize why people ever started liking them in the first place (see also: Metallica).