Thursday, September 12, 2013

too many job

Verge party! To celebrate the verge owning the verge! Verge got pwned! I will be bartending even though I should probably just go home and take a few sleeping pills.  I got like next to no sleep last night. Exciting news.  I rarely go to anything where I feel like it's appropriate to dress up anymore, so here's my chance. If it weren't so hot some sequins would be thrown in the mix.

Ryan stepped down as editor of Edible. Sad day.  I don't know what's gonna happen with the mag. I'm meeting the new owner tomorrow. One thing I know is that I will not be editor.  I have enough jobs already. If you count DJ, that would be four jobs.  And we all know that being married to smiller is a full-time job as well. So that's five jobs.  Actually, since I'm already assistant editor I already have five jobs maybe more.  I pretty much treat complaining like a job.  I probably spend more time complaining than working. The worst day spent complaining is better than the best day spent working.  Thinking about R. Kelly is more like an internship-type deal, that I'm hoping to parlay into a career.  Getting mad about things in the Bee is more a labor of love than a job.  I would say pretending to be more Jewish than I am is like a side job that pays in brisket and lox.  Wow, it's amazing I have any time at all to avoid going to yoga and drink too much in my spare time.

3 comments:

Scott Miller said...

Luckily you're awake 24 hours a day.

Rosalitahead said...

Too many jobs and not enough sleep?
Sounds like someone is the new Mike R Mike.

-N.

Anonymous said...

great post

-chapstick