Monday, October 04, 2021

Stuff I have liked recently

 Ok, I have 13 minutes till my next zoom, LET'S GO:

1) Getting a Moonraker beer on the Compton's patio, my new "spot" (that makes my "G spot" my "old spot" now). Also pretty high on East Sac in general and pretending that I sort of live there (my actual hood is Marshall School)

2)


Robert Walser continues to be the funniest writer I've read who died in a mental hospital

3) Went to see Titane and I was very grossed out and very entertained. I like a female director doing Cronenberg/body horror stuff. I like homoerotic fireman nightclubs. Is it a classic? Probably not. Only time will tell

4)


Blown away by the 90s move "What happened was" but I'm pretty convinced maybe only me and Charlie Kaufman really love it. He is known to have called it an influence. It's on Criterion, if you like movies that started as plays and are filmed (2 character) plays then you might like it

5) Cooked Alison Roman's soy/honey brisket and goddamned that has got to be the most savory and best brisket I've ever had. And the recipe has so much salt (both in soy sauce AND fish sauce) that I retained two pounds of water weight since yesterday from eating it for dinner.

Got it done with a couple pics and 5 minutes to spare

No comments: