Tuesday, September 28, 2004

OK, so I've been in Providence for the last few days. It was cool. I had a coffee cabinet. Which is like, basically, a thin coffee flavored milkshake.
I need to make a confession. I'm drunk. I'm in Williamsburg. Which, if you read Rachel Leibrock in the Bee religiously as I do, means that I'm in West Sac. Here are the reason that Sac beats Williamsburg:
1)WEATHER, who needs it? Not me. Weather is inconvenient, it makes my hair look bad, and it stresses me out. Today there is weather up the ass in NYC. I got soaked by rain (that's a wet kind of weather, for you Cali people) on my way from the subway to my friend's house. It made me grumpy and stressed and at risk for crotch rot.
2) So we went to this Willaimsburg bar and I tried to put something good on the jukebox and I was paralyzed by indecision, you know why? Because everything was good. I had choices ranging from Novos Bainos to every disk of the Nuggets box set. Guess what? That's not fun at all. You know what I want to listen to in a bar? Now that's what I call music volume 76. Or the Eagles greatest hits. When I am drunk I want to hear "take it to the limit". and not because i'm being ironic, but because that's what's fun to listen to when you're drunk. I don't want to worry about whether the song I picked was cool enough when I'm at a bar, I want to pick a song that's retarded and sing along.
But, conversely, guess why NYC rules forever.
1) JEWS. You cannot beat this factor. Ever. Cali is sorely lacking in Jews and this sucks. I'll maybe write another entry later but I have to go because the hilarious Jewish girl I met tonight is making crank calls. Take that Cali!

2 comments:

leon said...

LA = heckajews

Anonymous said...

becky,
Im the only other jew you will ever need.

-Nicola