Thursday, September 15, 2005

offal (awful?) restaurant

boy, things are getting really punny around here. no pun intended.

I just had a brill idea! D.P.-you have to go to the offal restaurant when you're in London. Here's a link to the menu.

And here's a link to the Hipgnosis website to see a selection of album covers that, if you're anything like me, gave you nightmares when you were a kid. The Cochise one at the top left is new to me, but it's pretty sweet. I want to look for a site that has more of their shit, I know there's more scary stuff. I used to love staring at my dad's album covers and freaking myself out. The Black Sabbath greatest hits with Breugel's painting "the Triumph of Death" was the one I liked to look at the most. It's horrifying. Go here, and click on the painting title for detail. Did you guys have any favorites when you were little? Good or bad?

Here's another website that has lots more. These guys did everything! The UFO "Heavy Petting" was one that really disturbed me as a kid. I guess my dad had it. There's a lady hooked up by tubes to a little monkey. And sorry to keep dragging you guys down memory lane, but this is one of my favorite album covers ever. My dad is a rabid 10cc fan.

No comments: