Friday, August 04, 2006

awesome friday video!

I can't handle how good this song is. The man's been rapping for 225,000 hours! Am I the only one in the world who thought that that Gnarls Barkley song was being sung by a woman? Even when I was informed last night that it wasn't I didn't believe it but now I see. I still don't like it, though.

So Heckamax is back from his epic tour of Europe and this is what I learned:

-He hung with Nessie (she prefers that nickname to "Loch Ness Monster" which is so derogatory) and Jimmy Page on the shores of Lock Ness. It was so deep he can't talk about it without crying.

-Flea wears a paisley body suit when he plays. Check the newest fleamail. He doesn't mention chkchkchk but it is actually really rad. I know at least a couple of the musicians he is referring to are Jimmy Page and Thom Yorke (who lost his shit during Give It Away)

-He did the Da Vinci Code tour of Italy and stumbled into a secret attic that he wasn't supposed to see and now the Opus Dei are on his ass. So if you're wearing a cloak, make sure you approach him slowly so as not to startle him.

Have you seen the new Alive and Kicking? There is a big article all about Charles. The ancient feud between the Loft and the Other Scene has finally been solved. Phew. He's goingg to work on the situation in Israel next. I guess he's having a yardsale this weekend? I'll try to get the details by calling cuz he rarely checks this blog. I know, weird.

OK, seriously, what's up with the Kabinet? No more movies? Long vacation? What? Maybe he's still on hiatus cuz of the Sacramento Film Festival?

10 comments:

beckler said...

Umm..the video's lyrics are NSFW. Unless you work with bitches that like to fuck, then you're cool.

Anonymous said...

Well, if you lofties weren't so elietest i might check this thing out everyonce and a while. I just cant stand the dirty looks.

charles

ps I haven't read the article yet. How do I look?

beckler said...

good! the hair is artfully tousled

Anonymous said...

Classic Charles photo face!

miller

beckler said...

So that's a code word so it's not searchable? I think it's a good idea, my advice would be to wait until fall because there are too many shows and shit conflicting while the weather is so nice. Also, pick some films that don't tread on trash film orgy territory. I would like to request Emmanuelle and the Fireman's Ball. Ooh Walkabout would be good.

Anonymous said...

I totally thought "Crazy" was being sung by an old woman too!

That Too Short song is great, but I love this song and the video cracks me up (completely NSFW):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdhloro0JpY

beckler said...

good, it's not just me. i imagined some eartha kitt type lady.

beckler said...

that video is funny! i never knew that was bubba sparxxxxx

beckler said...

p.s.-fm 102 now has a tricked-out ice cream truck with big rims that goes around giving out free ice cream. they were on broadway today, did anybody see it? that and the fact that their morning show makes me laugh has put them ahead in the game for me. i never thought i would say that but now they bomb and fm 102 play the exact same five songs every hour and the bomb has davey d which is minus a point

Anonymous said...

I think the late night movie thing is a good idea. What about Noels movie? Or the John Buster series?

Charles