Friday, August 18, 2006

the three Bs

I'm going to the ye olde state faire tonight to celebrate Brew's birthday, eat MOTHERFUCKING BRISKET, and see Speedwagon. That's right, brew, brisket and bands, the three Bs of summer. I already have my menu planned: corn on the cob as an appetizer, brisket dinner for the main course, and chocolate covered banana for dessert as a healthy alternative to a fried twinkie. I am challenging myself to ride the zipper but I may chicken out.

Then on saturday, as I already mentioned there is some punk-ass Portland band that has the cojones to call themselves Knock Knock who are all about to be surprised by multiple knuckle sandwiches to their unattractive faces. After that sandwich delivery, I will be at the Distillery from ten until the end of time (that's how all Distillery shows feel) watching the Bananas and Four Eyes.

I went to Zen Toro last night and it was packed no doubt because everyone knows it's closing. I have been kicking myself that I only went there for the first time recently. Everything seems to be really good and now I wish I had time to try all the unusual stuff on the menu. I really want to try their udon and their breakfast. I'm thinking about going tomorrow morning but I'm afraid it will be slammed. At least I can eat at the one in Davis pretty conveniently.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I highly suggest the breakfast. I've been a couple of times and loved it. The Moco Loco is great, as is the spam and eggs. I haven't yet tried the traditional Japanese breakfast, but hope to in the near future. If I can't make it, I hope to be able to get to the Davis one too.

Anonymous said...

plus, Garage Sale. Saturday morning, 8am, 3707 J St.!

Anonymous said...

It may not be the Portland Knock Knock. I just called the Fox and Goose and they said they had a strict locals only policy, with the exception of Merdyn who hails from the 9th dimension. By the way, Knoc-knock (Portland) have a myspace account. I say we give them the business.

-heckamax