Thursday, October 26, 2006

Nilsson



Not much to post but I guess I won't let that stop me. I'd like to publicly declare that I'm finally pretty close to finishing my Nilsson Smashing Times. I'm declaring this to force myself to actually finish it because I know an excited flood of requests is going to come...flooding in. I need to write the liner notes. I am listening to him sing "One" right now. Some of you may not know that he wrote this song that Three Dog Night made popular (most of you probably do). He has a less bombastic and better version. More exciting for me is that Scott is working on a Pale Fountains Smashing Times which is really great.

In local news, more arena boners emerge, and David Stern coined (or amalgated?) a new word "quasi-optimistic" which made me laugh in line at Peets. And Scheide has an informative article on the railyards quasi-mess.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Ooh! Let me start the flood of requests.

(question: What exactly is a Smashing Times?)

beckler said...

An excellent series of comps curated by Mr. Scott Miller. They have ranged from Laura Nyro to NRBQ to reggae to dancehall to Paul Simon to Folk to the most recent one which is the Go-Betweens.

Anonymous said...

I read a rumor over on cakegrrl that red square may be closing. Is that true? How heartbreaking.

gbomb

Anonymous said...

i heard the same rumor, from AntBar. he usually plays there every monday when he's not in England, so maybe he'd know.

Anonymous said...

Seaweed Doritos along with some Pretz,Burnt Miso Doritos,Some Habaneros loops rings that are popular at korean hofs(beer joints)are headin` to the Tower Thr...with an attn:smitty on it---Take care jay

Anonymous said...

Sweet! That sounds awesome! Thanks, Jay!

gbomb