Friday, August 10, 2007

kountry karaoke


I've got a lot to do today, so I'll just post about the Alkali Flat's upcoming shows. The Today Show thing already happened, but perhaps it will be on youtube?


Hey folks,

Three great chances to see The Alkali Flats coming up tomorrow, Friday, Aug 10:

1. If you happen to be at home watching TV and eating your cornflakes between 7:00 and 9:00 am, we'll be playing live on TV, Channel 3 (KCRA), during the local segments of The Today Show.. our first local morning show appearance!!

2. Friday Night Concert in the Park (Cesar Chavez Park), opening bands start at 5:00 PM, the Flats will be the headlining band, on at around 7:00. Get there early to grab a drink and a spot to sit/stand. We'll be doing our normal stuff, plus a few Kountry Karaoke tunes as a preview to the next show (see below....)

3. If you just can't get enough of the honky tonk, you won't want to>miss Kountry Karaoke - "We Play 'Em, You Sing 'Em" -> 9:00 PM at The Old Ironsides, 10th and S Streets....>50(+/-) of your favorite country/western songs from 1940-1970. Get there early to sign up for your favorites, before they're gone....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone know how many songs one person can sign up for at the Kountry Karaoke? I'll settle for one but I got my eye on one more.

Orvis Tinney,
in town from Oildale

Anonymous said...

I'm sure how many songs one can sing depends on how many people sign up. Last time it was packed and I didn't get to sing the song I didn't want to sing in the first place. I am hoping for the same tonight.

Meanwhile in Oroville,

http://cbs13.com/local/local_story_222085327.html

Jellyfish fever, catch it!

gbomb

Anonymous said...

Dagnabbit, that was a blast! Think I'm gonna add Hank Snow's "I've Been Everywhere" to my repertoire now, as it took so danged long to memorize it. And got to sing Webb Pierce's "There Stands the Glass" with Christopher Fairman, too.

The Alkali Flats are just the coolest.

Cheers,
Grwffydd