Tuesday, December 13, 2011

different aaron, still finches

So much bummer restaurant news lately.  Mulvaney is pulling out of the Crocker Cafe and the Ella executive chef, Kelly McCown, is going back to wine country.  Chef Kelly will be hard to replace.  That reminds me, Ella's 20 buck copper pot special is cioppino this month.  I don't know how I will find the time, but I will eat that even if I have to kill someone, or myself, to do it.  That doesn't make any sense, I know, but that's how committed I am.
Here's a video to get you excited about The Finches show on January 18th.  She's not playing with this Aaron anymore, but she's back to being a duo with a different guy named Aaron.  I know, January is too far away to get excited about anything.

1 comment:

beckler said...

This is an interesting little tidbit from Bob Shallit (also I salute him or whoever on the silly heading. those are surprisingly hard to come up with)

Second to naan

We've solved the mystery regarding the former MarineMax boat sales shop on El Camino Avenue at Howe Avenue.
The building, now boarded up but bearing a posted liquor license application, is going to become a 20,000-square-foot dining and meeting space, with an Indian restaurant and two banquet halls, one large enough for 700 people.

That's the word from Raja Singh, part of a local family behind the Mirage 4 U venture. He says permits and final funding are still being obtained but he expects a $1.2 million building remodel to start within 60 days.

The restaurant, serving modern Indian meals and sweets, is modeled after a family venture in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Singh says the building will be eye-popping. Consulting on the rehab, he says, is noted Las Vegas real estate broker and designer Tannie Luke.



Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/13/4118342/bob-shallit-its-party-time-friday.html#ixzz1gRyIOfey