Monday, March 17, 2014

happy stupidest holiday!

That's actually sad about L'Wren Scott. I can say from having seen some of her (tiny of course) dresses on the hangar that they were very pretty, and poor Mick Jagger. I always thought it was kinda nice that even though she was still way younger than him at least she was in her 40s and not 20s. They looked cool together. I was going to link to the story but blogger isn't letting me link.

You guys, Im pretty frustrated with foodways. No one but me and MH are posting. I am imprudent to air this here but I have already talked myself blue to the peeps that can do something about it. We are all busy people. I guess too busy.  I had two good posts I could have done over the weekend but I am just not motivated to shoulder all of it. I'll work on them some time today. I should focus on a long feature for edible probably. I haven't done one of those in like a year. Not a long one.

Wow, Saturday in Midtown. Tried to go to Lowbrau at 530. Nuh uh, not happenin' Then over to sidetraxx which was pretty deserted. I love sidetraxx. The balcony is the best people watching. And boy was it entertaining to watch costumed people stumble their way around at 6pm. We saw a woman just dressed as where's waldo. No green. We saw a bunch of brides. We talked to 2 and they said they were the "brides of march" wah-wah. still fun to watch but agro vibe. last night I was riding home at 830, and again, stumblers, including a guy on 21st walking in the bike lane and trying to hitchhike. cops were right there and I tried to tell them because it seemed like he might get hit and they said they were already on their way to a call. saw lots of fighting and barefoot ladies walking with their highheels. ridic.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We saw those brides too! I thought it was just some fucked up bridal party thing. Left downtown by 8 though, couldn't take the insane drunkenness all ready going on. As an Irish person I object to a holiday that says if you dress up in green you can be even stupider than when you wear other colors. We heard some gay/Asian bashing on the way back to our car. Good thing those guys chose lavender heights to hang out in when they had such issues with 'nutburgers'. Still trying to puzzle that one out. And how it's an Asian thing.

jamattack!

Anonymous said...

We forgot it was St. Frat's Weekend and took our little one to LoBrau around 2:30. We were running home with food still in our mouth because it was so loud. I wish we had been there at the same time for moral support.

Jed

beckler said...

Also heard about another verbal gay bash on the southside.

beckler said...

also saw bare boobs being rubbed on a shirtless guy who was vaping. maybe vaping looks so dumb because it resembles playing a small flute. it's turning everyone into kokopellis

Anonymous said...

there's nothing dumb about kokopeli; show some respect!

Anonymous said...

(jk)

beckler said...

You did not show respect by writing his name properly: Kokopelli. Boom!