Tuesday, June 06, 2006

boring post

I have to go do a bunch of "field work" today. I don't have nothin to write nohow. I continued my quest for the pilates body last night with the "piloga" class at Healthy Habits. It kicked my ass but it was fun. I'm going to Masons tonight and I can't wait! That's it around here.

This is the second time recently that I've heard that now that the home buying market is cooling that rents will increase. This is based on the supposition that people who would have bought will now be renting. But haven't they already been renting? I'm confused. Hopefully my landlord will not read this article.

Heyamoto alert. She loves lipstick. She seems to have cut out that end feature with the cutesy "martha says" "joan says" schtick.

7 comments:

ACK said...

What is up with the picture of the couple dancing (humping) at Lipstick? It makes me blush.

Anonymous said...

I'm always a little skeptical about any news reports about rentals. The survey data is based on "market-rate" apts in complexes of 50 units or more. You don't really have many of these downtown/midtown, where most of the apts are in duplexes, 4-plexes or other smaller complexes in the range of 20 units or less. You have to look at real rental trends in the downtown zip codes, and even those probably don't capture the reality of older buildings and the "informal" apt market.

-Erik

DB said...

Heyamoto = the poor woman's Julie Chen? Maybe it's just us...

Alice said...

ooof. i'm embarrassed for heyamoto after reading that. she seems like a nice enough lady so i don't want to critique her piece on your blog. suffice to say, i really, really want her to drop the victorian 'we' like 2 months ago.

beckler said...

yeah, but besides always using we it's ok. her job is to cover sac nightlife (of which there is only a smidgen) so what can she really write about? i thought it was cool that you could tell she had fun at lipstick because even though i neverever go there i know that if i did i would still have more fun than at any other club in sac.

leon said...

And though we left at a very decent hour for a school night, we made a Schwarzeneggerian vow to ourselves that we'd be back.

We had been kissed by Lipstick.


classic!!!

Anonymous said...

i decided a while back, for the sake of my blood pressure, to not read anything more written by Heyamoto unless it involved friends in some way. the 'stick review was not as annoying as usual, i suppose. the blue lamp reggae night one kind of bugged me, though. i do highly recommend that night (sundays). Walker (aka d.j. wokstar) & his co-hort play some great stuff, none of which i recognize. the crowd is truly diverse, with lots of actual adults, even.