Tuesday, February 20, 2007

children's brew

I haven't been posting much because I've been so busy at work and when I do get a minute I just want to go look at Go Fug Yourself like everone else. I've been doing a ton of West Sacking and just got the article turned in today.

I went on my first auction trip of the year on saturday and Denios she was good to me. A nice big rug for only twenty bucks and who cares that it smells like dog? The cat is intrigued. Also, you all probably know this but that antique auction under the freeway once a month (second sunday) is totally ruling. It is worth the three bucks to get in just for the fun of looking at all the old stuff.

I'm making borscht tonight and because the recipe calls for kvass I looked it up and it's some crazy stuff. You have to love a culture with something called "children's beer".

1 comment:

wburg said...

The antique fair is always worth it. I think of it like pauing $3 to get into the Museum of Neat Random Shit, and if I really like an exhibit, I can buy it and take it home. The fact that it is within walking distance is total bonus. I have some friends who insist on going to Pancake Circus first, but I discourage this because it delays my start, and other people will get all the good stuff before me. Besides, what if I need that six bucks to seal the deal on some cool thing I have to buy?