Monday, November 26, 2007

heartbeeps

Not to be a grumbly curmudge, but the bike ride wasn't quite as fun this year. It was a beautiful day, as usual. There was a good turnout. I don't know what it was, but part of it was definitely the route we took. It didn't go through very many city streets and it didn't feel as anarchic as usual. I guess that's necessary to keep people from getting arrested, but riding on the bike trail is just not as fun.
This guy was serving up raw oysters, they were really good. Beer and oyster breath at ten am? Not a great combo.

To each his own, but there were too many dudes dressed like pimps or wearing afro wigs or something. Pimps=thanksgiving=bike ride? I don't get it.
That guy in the purple was a Kings themed pimp. As the head said, after we discussed how many furry tophats were in the crowd-"this is the most 90's crowd I've seen since the mid-nineties". Sac is hella nineties, which is cool


Here's the ride. There was a lot of bellringing and fun, somehow it just felt a bit lackluster. It was funny when some big guy whose car was made to wait because we rode past acted like he wanted to fight the bike ride. At the end of the ride I feel asleep in the grass for awhile. I had a hangover by three, which was not helped by watching Heartbeeps

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a vague Burning Man vibe offa this year's crowd. Also, not quite sure who the old dudes with Mardi Gras beads were - were they hoping to see somebody's boobs?

Liv Moe said...

only vague?

beckler said...

I mean, that's been the case to the other ones I've been to, too. I thought the real difference was the route, and that starting it off at the Ford Museum was not as fun as starting it at the Alfa Romeo shop. Too bad the fucking luxury lofts shut that down.

Anonymous said...

Barnesyard, if you're reading, Heartbeeps is definitely Dare Daniel material. Somehow I think weed just made it worse!

-miller

Anonymous said...

Heartbeeeps, shit you need to watch it back to back with silent night, deadly night? Or was it bloody night I can't remember. Nevertheless it was the two worst movies I have seen in ages back to back.

Luckily the delicious dinner and beer dumbed me down sufficiently.

-Natalie.