Wednesday, August 27, 2008

press conference

Like many others I missed Touchez last night because I got stuck in an unmoving line outside Harlow's and they played on time. I guess it's my bad for assuming they would play late, but that's gotta be the first time that's ever happened to me. Harlow's was a waaaaayyyyyy better venue for !!! than the late, not lamented Library and the crowd was stoked.

You've probably heard, but I'm very curious about this gathering of local chefs and press conference to show support for Corti Bros. I'm not sure why this is needed. It makes me worry it's because they haven't found a location. It happens today at three.

7 comments:

michele h said...

I think it happens September 3rd at 3pm.

http://savecortis.wordpress.com/

beckler said...

oh damn, I have to wait until next wednesday?!

beckler said...

from looking at the petition I'm thinking the gist of it may be to let Corti's stay through the Christmas season. That would be rad. I guess they would lose a really significant part of their business if they were not able to reopen in October (for Thanksgiving season stuff) and that would probably be a superhuman feat.

Anonymous said...

Hey speaking of Corti, skip Slow Food Nation and go see him talk at the Society of American Archivist's conference on Saturday:

"A California Feast: Documenting the Wine and Food Revolution"

Anonymous said...

You didn't miss anything cause Touchez was really boring
****SAL****

beckler said...

Wrong! I like Touchez. I saw them on monday at the Press.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. I liked Touchez... I think they have a few things to work out... but they are very solid, kind of a raw-poppy-dancey sound. also, !!! killed it. that was awesome.

cjn