Friday, February 04, 2011

a qualified yes

Last night's screening of Herb and Dorothy at the Crest was super fun. I totally had the wrong idea about those two and figured they were abstract expressionist collectors, rather than minimalist and conceptual collectors primarily. That made it a lot more interesting to me because I learned a lot. I also loved that they were able to trade catsitting for Christo and Jean Claude for a Valley Curtain work that they couldn't afford.

There was a good turnout and I enjoyed the panel. Kaltenbach is a wry dude and I can't get enough Annabeth Rosen because of her style. See above. The Verge is going to be doing these screenings at the Crest every three months, with discussion. I have my fingers crossed to see one potential movie that they're trying to line up.

The new MidMo is out with the adorable Jen on the cover. It's the beer issue. Are you psyched for Sac beer week? I kind of am. A qualified psychedness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that woman's like a cross between american gothic and frida kahlo

-chapstick

beckler said...

I think that's what she's going for.

Anonymous said...

The sour event at Samuel Horne's sounds pretty cool...

“Sat. Feb 26th: We Want the Funk!!! An American Funk and Sour Beer Celebration. This is our big event for the week. At least 8 sours on draught, as many bottles as we can find. Official BJCP rules judging and best of show as decided by our customers. So far we have some great beers lined up: Lost Abbey, New Belgium, Peter Hoey, Anderson Valley, Jolly Pumpkin, Allagash. We are still working on some other great breweries - more details to follow.”

-Z

beckler said...

yeah, I'll be at that.