Monday, February 28, 2011

so cool

There isn't really any great Tom T. Hall footage on youtube that I can find. Isn't he a badass? Look at that outfit. Classic. And this record has good font.
Sour fest at Sam Horne's! I am writing about it for SNR.
I tried the brunch at Taylor's on NH's recommendation. She was right. Excellent, nice sunny room, and no wait. They serve bloody beers! Man, this corned beef hash was something else. Look at this big chunks.
My sister go this. I didn't taste it but it looked pretty. Kinda weird the benedict has creme fraiche instead of hollandaise.
Do you know about the Nodzzzz/English Singles show on Saturday at The Hub? Now you do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up on Tom T. Hall. I loved "Sneaky Snake" and of course, "I Like Beer."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i5k4I1AOEI

I dropped off a hundred bones at the Sac Food Bank this morning, but if Chrissy Hinds asks, tell her that it went to PETA.

gbomb

CG said...

I had that kids record! Fox Hollow or something like that? I remember there was a song about a one-legged chicken. And it had "I love" which my friend Kel says was the beginning of the end of country music, but which makes me choke up a little just because I listened to it so many times when I was little...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWSgGhf0S7w

Anonymous said...

Songs of Fox Hollow - loved it! Played it a billion times as I stared at that drawing of Tom T Hall on the cover. It's so weird that the Coors "and....TWINS!!" song is based on 'I Love'. Funny thing for TTH to get money from. Though he does love beer....

-miller

beckler said...

But what about his hardhitting songs about Vietnam, death, prostitution, etc. Not kidding! It's all on "I Witness Life"

Anonymous said...

Tom T Hall wrote "Pamela Brown", made famous by Leo Kottke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxzhzRh7hp8&feature=related

-chapstick