Thursday, March 05, 2020

anxiety and weekend plans

Had some late night anxiety and insomnia about COVID-19. Worried about an upcoming vacation, that is still a bit away. It could very well be canceled and I have no idea if we'd get any money back at all.  Stocking up on food and cat food. Worried about people I know. I figure I'll just slowly amass some supplies rather than trying to do a run if things explode. I'm sure many are feeling anxiety. And it's worth considering that when we deal with our fear by putting ourselves in the safe group that would probably survive to consider the audience and those within earshot may be in one of  those high risk categories or care about someone who is.

I guess 33rd street bistro abruptly closed down. It's super successful, or it looks like it when I drive by, but the landlord kicked them out. The employees (50 of them) are bummed. They are vowing to reopen in East Sac.

Nosferatu is playing at the Crocker tonight. Think I am going to go. It's such a cultural reference and I've never seen it. There are lots of good shows this weekend. Christine Shields is playing at an art gallery, with Aaron Zeff accompanying. If you've never seen Christine perform you should check it out, and if you have seen it you know you will want to go again.

And then Saturday there's a good show at MC Ham's. Vasas, Comedians and Hod and the Helpers. Yay early shows!!!

2 comments:

beckler said...

are you ready for the return of #spintweets, my most popular feature???

here's one:
I just felt a surge of fear because I thought the 6 am class I am waitlisted for had an opening. It was a false alarm. Clearly that is an insane idea and I don't really want to go exercise at 6am

Pretty terrible tweet, huh? That's why I didn't really tweet it, although I did tweet an actual tweet today, which was a Webistics joke, that no one seems to be getting. Does anyone here get it?

DUŠKA ALŽBĚTA said...

I would highly recommend Le_ meridian funding services to any person in need financial help and they will keep you on top of high directories for any further needs. Once again I commend yourself and your staff for extraordinary service and customer service, as this is a great asset to your company and a pleasant experience to customers such as myself. Wishing you all the best for the future.Le meridian funding service is best way to get an easy loan,here is there email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or talk to Mr Benjamin On WhatsApp Via_+1-989-394-3740 Thank You for helping me with loan once again in my sincerely heart I'm forever grateful.