Monday, March 02, 2020

Long as I can grow it my hair

How are everyone's Halloween bands going? Hair is good. I really need to get on finding an outfit. You would think I would have lots of hippie clothes and I do have a fair amount but they are not the right kinds for the movie. I do have very long hair right now, which reminded me to book a cut after the show is over. Food stuff after the jump

 Went to Quan Nem Ninh Hoa. I hope if you are reading this you have been there. If not, and if it is open now, stand up, flee your office or wherever you are, and go. This is their nem chua. You get a tiny nug when you order the special (below). It is sour fermented pork studded with a (sometimes) fiery hot chili and garlic chunk and peppercorns.
 Here's the special for 2. At twenty bucks it's about the best deal in town. You soak the rice paper and make rolls. If you don't go for the red meat the chicken and fish are both good options.
Had this Grimm pineapple beer that I got from Sutter Creek Provisions. It's one of the best beer stores around and he's a Grimm superfan, like me. This beer was so freaking refreshing and subtle.

1 comment:

beckler said...

I have a question: I was making enfrijoladas, so I went to Mercado Loco in West Sac to get Oaxacan cheese and I ended up with Oaxacan cheese that was indistinguishable from regular string cheese. I want the squeaky, shreddy cheese I had in Oaxaca and I didn't see it there. Is that an easy thing to find, like at La Superior?