Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Finches show coming up!

Things got a little negative yesterday. Let's forget about that now.

Me and Gballs are heading to Mexico City tomorrow. I'm pretty excited but have felt a bit sick for the last couple of days which is preventing me from getting too stoked. I think it is all in my mind because I've been so freaked about the possibility I could get the flu and it would ruin my trip. Anyway, did you know that al pastor appeared in Mexico City in the 50's due to the culinary influence of Lebanese immigrants? I learned that and other facts in the book "good food in Mexico City". It has an extensive food term glossary that is going to come in soooooo handy. The author also has a blog. Any additional recommendations would be appreciated. We'll be heading to the "El Chopo" flea market which I guess is a big punk/metal/goth scene. Hopefully I'll find some funny shit to buy. We'll be traveling to Guanajuato, too, and of course to the MUMMY MUSEUM.

Oh yeah, and PLEASE don't forget to go see the Finches on Sunday night!! It's an early show, starts at 6:00 at the Press. Should be over by 9 or 9:30 because Roger also wants to go see the Nodzzz Yellow Fever show that is going on after. I'm bummed to miss these shows and will have to stuff my face with tortas to console myself.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cochita Pibil! I had that in the yucatan once, I can't wait to eat it again. I am so hungry. You know the more I read about it the more I think we should go to Xochimilco. And maybe even to that creepy doll island, even though I am not so into that part, I just like the colorful boats.

gbomb

Anonymous said...

Have fun ladies!!!

-Natalie.

Anonymous said...

Without the influx of Lebanese immigrants into Mexico, we also wouldn't have Salma Hayek's butt. I'd rather go without al pastor, personally.

-DB

beckler said...

What about a combination of the two? Delicious!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great new direction for the blog. I fully support this change in format.

-DB

Anonymous said...

Be sure to check out Trent's organ at the Mummy Museum!

-omf

Anonymous said...

Perkus Tooth est vivant dans l'appartement de chien. Grinspoon et Hale ne sera jamais réunir la bande. Et l'astronaute dame était une pure fiction. Mais au moins, nous, les sans visage, peut se consoler en sachant que tous les Imperiums sont nés à l'automne. Les saisons de votre oubli sont innombrables.

--La Pin

Anonymous said...

fucking frog

The Armeniac said...

Here's what google transator said the frenchy said:"Perkus Tooth is living in an apartment dog. Grinspoon and Hale will never meet the band. And the astronaut lady was pure fiction. But at least we, the faceless, can take comfort in knowing that all the Imperium were born in the fall. The seasons of your forgetfulness are innumerable."

How would Perkus Tooth fit in an apartment dog? Big dog? Little Perkus?

火の国 said...

私は12月Guanafauto,Mexicoにえきます。Under the Volcano およんでいます。このほんはおもしろいです!ぼくがtequilaごんごんおののみます!なにはMexicoのおみやげおかますか?

じゃさん

naticaln-the verify word..

Anonymous said...

museo de las momias is gross and rad. it smells bad! check out the infant and toddler mummies. yuck. o mexicans and their obsession with death.

Anonymous said...

the anonymous post 'fucking frog':
where does this fit in the top ten most idiotic posts this blog has seen? It surely has a place.

JD

Anonymous said...

"the anonymous post 'fucking frog':
where does this fit in the top ten most idiotic posts this blog has seen? It surely has a place.

JD"

fucking dork

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I think it might be time for another episode of "SEEEECRET BLOG!"

Maxwell, are you in?

-miller

Anonymous said...

en français ou japonais ?

Anonymous said...

I did ok with La Museo de Las Mumias until I got the room with infants.

Jed

Anonymous said...

Mr. Pinkus Truth knows the truth. Yes, près tout le monde. Seems strange that he should. He wasn't exactly the man of action at ces orgies parisiennes de la vôtre, if you catch my drift. You do, don't you? Certainement. Ordinaire des jeunes hommes, les filles ordinaires, ce que ne savent-ils?

What does PT know? That's the thing, he never tells. Le type de silencieux.

Seriously, though, there's been a mistake of identity. Pas celui-là. Mr. Slinkus Forsooth is surprised you remember that far back, mon clown beau.

Bien, au revoir.

--All Ears

beckler said...

hey, lét´s clarify here, JD, that was one of the top ten most stupid COMMENTS, not posts. i would hate to compile the list of the most stupid posts.

me and gbomb are having fun. i only have very mild amoebic dysentary. no biggie. man, are they serious about their tortas here or what''? this morning (saturday) i wanted pozole and almost no one was selling it! it was all tortas, tortas, tortas.

tomorrow we are going to coyoacan, and them monday the bus to guanajuato

Charles Albright said...

Will you be going to Teotihuacan?

beckler said...

no, but we will be swinging by lake titicaca. i hear it's beautiful this time of year.