Friday, December 17, 2010

LOL tastic

Even though i'll always be sad they didn't go with "Frisky Rhythms", I can't believe that Sacramento is actually going to have an over-30 nightclub called District 30. Here are some good parts of the SacPress article:

"The sign is very subtle. It's not as much attitude or in your face as Pizza Rock," Boskovich said.

But what if I want the sign up in my face?

Pizza Rock, with its red neon sign and laser-cut metal flames, seems to burst from between its two sister venues. Filigreed flowers, hearts, stars and butterflies – designed to look like tattoo art – soften the sign, inspired by tattoos worn by Pizza Rock co-owner Tony Gemignani's wife. LED backlights will be added to give the flame a shadow.

Lopez also painted Pizza Rock's ceiling mural resembling Michelangelo's "The Creation of Adam" – with the hand of God holding out an electric guitar.

This is making me LOL from the comments, too

open till 3 am? AWESOME FINALLY
December 16, 2010 | 11:40 PM
"Finally" what?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So World Class means having a couple of bars that wouldn't look out of place on the main strip in Tijuana?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they didn't go with the name I suggested: Milf Soup.

-DB

beckler said...

Milf Manor

Anonymous said...

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...William Burg for Mayor!