Thursday, August 25, 2005

ROUND 2!!!

What I have eaten today:

low fat muffin
yogurt
banana
pumpkin seeds (my new obsession)

Why am I telling you this? So you can see, that like an athlete, I am conditioning myself for Round 2 of the state fair!! Brisket I am coming to eat you. In case you didn't know, the brisket is a cut off of kind of the front shoulder area. It is a cheap cut, and the love of it runs through my veins due to my Jewish heritage. Although quite a few people have told me that the deep-fried twinkie is actually good, I will not eat a regular twinkie so I don't see why I should eat a deep-fried twinkie. I think my dessert choice tonight will be a funnel cake, from the Pennsylvania Dutch cart, of course, not one of the inferior knockoffs. I just had a brilliant idea, for round 2 I am going to get stoned. I am so smart.

9 comments:

beckler said...

I don't know why all that text is bold but I can't fix it so you will have to live with it.

Anonymous said...

I hate regular Oreos, but I love a nice deep fried one.

gbomb

Anonymous said...

I had a bite of a deep fried twinkie last night. Although it was tastier than a regular twinkie, I would stick with the funnel cake. Can't lose with the funnel cake, unless you get it with that chocolate pudding glop on top.

~Lisa Ninja

beckler said...

If Jay is going to get there after seven, how is he going to win the $100,000 hole in one contest that starts at six???

I like how on the fair schedule they have a daily listing of Mick Martin and the Blues Rockers and then next to it under Description it sez "Blues Rocker". Well duh. And what is the deal with the guy with the Chapman Stick. How does he get so many gigs? He played at Sac State all the time too.

Tonight the "entertainment" is Paul Rodriguez. Lame.

Unknown said...

gbomb read my mind

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should bring tower's copy of Mick Martin's film guide and get hem to sign it. Then I can ask him what's the deal with giving almost every Segal movie five stars? And Tron only gets three?
-biz

Anonymous said...

Paul "it will never taste like el pollo loco" rodriguez? score!
I got the deep friend twinkie last night and it kind of sucked. i would have rather had a non deep fried one. i'm boycotting the funel cake because the chocolate topping is now syrup instead of pudding. I'm actually serious about this. i would go for the chocolate covered cheese cake on a stick from Merries berries in the "counties" building.
I also learn that with the brisket dinner if you tell them no cole slaw they give you double beans (yum!). score. and remember to go to the racetrack right before 10 for the fireworks, its toe-nar (totally gnarly).

-da ninj@

Maya said...

I have only been to the fair once, since I'm lazy and I don't like crowds or heat. I forgot to get a funnel cake the time I went. Do they give you other options for toppings, like strawberries and such?

I haven't had a funnel cake since I last went to Knott's Berry Farm in high school. Might be time for another.

Anonymous said...

Even though, kmonster, we disagree on the Twinkie, which I think is the miracle food. It's not even baked! It's a chemical process! There should be a religion formed around them.
gbomb