Thursday, May 11, 2006

la bonne soupe cafe

Today is the first day of the Dixon may fair. Heart is playing tonight. Ashlee Simpson is on saturday. The Dixon may fair is super fun and of a more manageable size than the state fair.

I finally got to go to La Bonne Soupe cafe and I am in love. Everything on the menu sounded so enticing that it was hard to choose. I went with the pate and cornichon sandwich and the tomato bisque. I wished that the pate had a stronger liver flavor (it was very mild) but the bread was phenomenal. I guess he buys it par-baked and bakes it up fresh. The soup was tasty, too. And I love the little bottles of red or white wine for three bucks. I wish I could eat there more. That M-F lunchtime schedule is bad for me. It's on 8th between I and J.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, I love the pate and cornichon combo! It might have been country pate, which I don't think is liver-based, just pork meats-based.

-michele

Anonymous said...

Yes country pate is a basic charcuterie not entirely liver based but I remember him telling me that it was liver based when I ordered the same sandwhich. I'm sure like any other chef he just makes whatever with what he has that day.

Just to share, last night at Mason's a lady and her husband came in to eat. She recently was diagnosed with cancer that gave her only weeks to live. One of her dying wishes was to eat fabulous foods while she still could. Never having eaten at Mason's before and being of French decent, she requested that Chef prepare her a 12 course meal, sparing no expense. I didn't work that night, but Mike said he was next to tears every time he looked at her table.

ACK said...

Wow, that story brought me close to tears! I think I would do something like that. Food is such a luxury and quite comforting.

Anonymous said...

If anyone is interested....

I haven't been to work yet today, but there might still be free tickets for Heart and for Ashley Simpson.

If it showed up today like it's supposed to, I plan on testing the print by running it through the projector on ArtSchoolConfidential about midnight.

beckler said...

can i get two ashlee tickets? please please?

Anonymous said...

Becky! I just called and put our names on four tickets! Ashlee Simpson! Ashlee Simposon! There aren't enough exclamation points!
Summer!

beckler said...

cool. let's make signs about her nose. i can't believe she's trying to lie and say she didn't get a nose job.

Anonymous said...

I was super excited to see Ashlee Simpson myself but No Kill I are playing that night. I wonder if she'll come over to the Distillery after her set.