Thursday, November 02, 2006

Yummy Guide!!

The new Midtown Monthly is really good if I do say so myself. I was especially stoked to see Dani's story on Time Bandits, a store I have to admit I've kinda forgotten since they moved to 36th and Broadway. But as soon as I move into a place with more space I'm going to drop some dough there. The guys that runs it are awesome and one of them even says in the article that he is glad to yak with you about the furniture even if you aren't buying.

The new article is off to an auspicious start because I ate at Yummy Guide on Halloween. Holy crap! That's all I'll say...FOR NOW! Too bad it's a chain, but I think it's a very small chain. In fact, all I can find is a branch in Oakland and a branch in Sac, so that doesn't even qualify as a chain in my book.

6 comments:

DB said...

Nice work on the Midtown Monthly article, Becks, and your name on the cover to boot. They should have just put your picture on the front of the mag...it would have been a lot more pleasant than looking at some damn dirty punk.

Anonymous said...

Yeah it would've nice to have beks on the cover ,but either way it'd be a very yiddy cover and that's all we really want.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Becky! I really hope more and more people check out Time Bandits. There are really plenty of pieces there that would fit into a lot of folks' budgets. If you're gonna go to Ikea and spend a couple hundred bucks on something, chances are Time Bandits will have something better for the same price. And you won't have to put it together yourself and chances are Mark Fahey will have some wonderful story about the piece.

Anonymous said...

did you get any desserts?

did you try strawberry shortribs?

~eggpuff

Anonymous said...

Today I invented the onion tempura sandwich w/mayo!!!And it F`n rules!!!!---jay

beckler said...

eggpuff, that's funny that you ask about desserts because one second ago i sent an email to a friend about going back there next week for dessert. i'm not even that into dessert and i've been thinking about theirs since i went. the eggpuff is so addictive and we got a mango sorbet pink grapefruit thing with coconut sago in the bottom. it was so pretty and so delicious!

onion tempura sandwich with mayo sounds good, too.