Wednesday, April 28, 2010

everybody's working for the weekend


Is it too early to start posting about the weekend? After all, everybody's working for the weekend. I know I am. A big-time Brew Awareness Alert (TM) is warranted. Odonata is having their hotly and highly and heavily anticipated saison release partay at The Shack this Friday, starting around 7. Well, actually, it starts around six but I'm hoping everyone shows up more at seven so that it's not too crowded when I get there. Gary is going to pair the saison with moules frites and other Belgian treats. Hopefully not Belgian broodjes, though (hint: those are just sandwiches, and crappy ones at that). Looks like the bottle release is delayed because of recalcitrant yeast, though.

The other big news is the return of Oh Dang! at the ToHo. It's this Saturday. Starts around 9pm. Three dollar cover. Super fun time. Guaranteed. Rap and R&B upstairs, metal downstairs. I hear that Chad S. may be DJing downstairs? He should play some interesting jams.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe stroopwafels! I don't know how they would pair, but yum! Or fries with mayo.

gbomb

Anonymous said...

Wish I could go, i will be out of town.

-Natalie.

DJ Rick said...

This Saturday is also Soriano's new band with Dennis Yudt at The Hub. They totally rule. Chad S...DJing? The Repressive Proteins are also playing, and Chad drums for them. I guess I should find out if Chad is double-booked since I'm the sorta like the stage manager for that show.

beckler said...

oh man there i go starting a rumor. maybe not, i don't know. check facebook.