Thursday, April 01, 2010

In a good way

Does anyone else think that Mike C. looks a little bit like Hamish Bowles? In a good way. Of course it's a good way, it's Hamish Bowles!

We had a MidMo meeting last night that was sooooo inspiring!!! I won't give anything away but we have got some hot shit coming your way! In a good way! I didn't even know we had our new website up yet, and there it is. And the "Old Timey" theme issue is out today, with an excellent cover of two old timey dudes. I ate some gross-ish old timey food in service to you readers out there. I'll work on posting extra pictures on the website today.

Justin V. made the Vice "dos and don'ts". The caption is total bullshit, though. There is a complete difference between and ipod shuffle-type dj and a real dj if you care about music. I think that guy that djs at the Hub is too ipod shuffle for my tastes. I said it! Will I regret it? I am so wired on coffee. Can you tell? Scott, what the hell did you do with the coffee this morning? I feel like I did a line. In a good way.

7 comments:

michele h said...

You are cracking me up!!!!! And making me want to do a line of coffee!!

-mh

Anonymous said...

I love MidMo meetings, except the part where you have to pee in a terriyaki scented bathroom.

gbomb

Anonymous said...

Your cup of coffee was actually 10 shots of espresso. April Fools!

Also, your toast had weed butter on it.

-miller

beckler said...

he already totally april foolsed me by texting that junes was closed down! what a scamp.

Anonymous said...

Last night's MidMo meeting was a total blast! Very excited about the next few issues. Great seeing you there, Beckster.

We need to get Tim & Liv to throw a MidMo contributors party.

wburg said...

I too love the MM staff meeting, even though it is pretty much 80% random awesome bull session and 20% actually discussing what is going to be in the magazine. In fact, the 80% bull session part probably inspires the 20% talking about the magazine part. Having a contributor party is almost redundant other than the nominal convenience of not having to borrow the keys in order to use the restroom.

Charles Albright said...

are these meetings open to the public? You media big wigs are calling the shots and distorting the facts for your OWN personal gain. Why just this last week I saw Tim Foster drinking a LARGE coffee in Mid Town. Large?How did he afford that?

Charles