Tuesday, June 19, 2007

anotoher annoying yelp of pho bac

in its entirety:

Okay, so it was like 100 degrees outside, we had just gotten out of our bar review class at McG's (the Essay Workshop #2), and I was hungry. It was my turn to drive.I didn't know where else to go so we headed to Broadway.Pho Bac Hoa Viet caught my eye, and it jolted me with a pho craving. So I ordered the soup with beef and beef tendon (just to see what tendon was like when it was served on purpose).The 2.5 gallon bowl of hot soup didn't really help me out with the hot-weather overload that day, but the tendon was really interesting. It looked just like fat, but it didn't react to my chewing the way you might expect fat to. It had more structure, yet it was pleasantly soft. Not chewy, mind you, just "soft."My BFTB* had some really yummy looking shrimp stuff. I think we'll go back to this one again.

*"Best Friend 'Till Bar [exam]" (A modification of BFF). It just seemed like the right thing to call it, since we now spend every day together from 6:30 am to 3 pm.

he gave it three stars

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you do not stop reloading the pho bac yelp page, we will have to have an intervention

Anonymous said...

Sorry to repeat this, but I want everone to know that:
The Ancient Sons are playing Marilyn's on K this Thursday (June 21st) at 9:30pm! Come celebrate the first day of summer with us and The Lovetones(Australia) and The Quarter After(LA). These two bands have former members of Brian Jonestown Massacre and blew my mind when they played Old I last year. Look em up on myspace for info and songs! Come support these touring bands people. David Paul from Rock The Light fame might even jump up there with us for a song or two.
peace,
chris