Tuesday, June 05, 2007

time for a poll


Scroll down on this page for a Ski Instructors review! Wait, he's not the same Scott Miller from Game Theory? Scott, can you call me, we need to talk. I'm feeling deja vu, like I have made this exact same joke before. I've been writing Heckasasc long enough that I get that feeling a lot.


There will be a call to arms later on the Crest situation. We can keep it levelheaded. Things aren't so bad at all.

I've seen a couple movies lately. I saw Inland Empire at the Crest, which I think is already gone from the Sac area. What a stinker! This is not a must-see for anyone, not even David Lynch fans. About a quarter of the audience walked out even though I imagine that most of them were aware going in that it was a three hour David Lynch movie. Laura Dern was good in it, but I can't stand what she does with her mouth when she cries (it's like this grimacing sad-clown thing) and she is pretty much making that face the entire time. The choreagraphed dancing scenes with suicide girl types makes it really seem like DL has lost it.



Has anyone seen the silent monk movie at the Crest? How boring is it on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Die Hard (not at all boring) and 10 being Inland Empire (excruciatingly boring)?


I saw Knocked Up last night. It's not as funny as 40 year old virgin, but it's pretty fucking funny. Apatow is a casting genius for casting his cute kids and his really funny wife in major roles.

Watching both Knocked Up and Bedazzled lately has made me ponder a question that I need some help with, who's finer? Paul Rudd or Peter Cook?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are you talking about???? that laura dern mouth thing is awesome! that scene at the end of blue velvet where she realizes that kyle maclachlan has kinda been doin isabella rosellini is priceless. i think that the grotesque sad clown frown is why david lynch likes her so much.

peter rudd or peter cook... peter cook hands down!!!!

finally, omf can't get over the fact that you got a stack of free '60s sunsets. i heard about it again this morning...

-mrs. troublemaker

Anonymous said...

Inland Empire is basically a 3-hour experimental film.

Anonymous said...

Peter Cook is fine, but he never played Mr. Knightley*. Paul Rudd is fine, but he's never played Sherlock Holmes.

My anglophile head is EXPLODING!
One vote each.

*Josh in Clueless

gbomb

beckler said...

wow, if omf is so stoked on that idea, he might be upset to know that they are getting all thrashed in the trunk of my car right now. Maybe we can trade for some cacti? Or check that place in Stockton, I'm sure there is still a big box of them by the door.

Even if the Laura Dern mouth thing is awesome (which it's not) it is still overusing it to have her do it in almost every scene. He could counteract it with some nudity, in my opinion, and I'm not counting the suicide girls fake boobs. What, is Dern too good to do nude scenes now? She's saving that shit for Ben Harper I guess.

Thanks for the heads up on that, anon, I thought it was a three hour toothpaste commercial.

gbomb, you have to pick one, that's the deal! sorry to tear you apart like that.

Anonymous said...

OK, I pick Paul Rudd because he is alive, which is infinitely sexier.

g

beckler said...

I should have clarified that you have to vote from the perspective of both dudes being in their prime.

ACK said...

Paul Rudd. Definitely. So hot.

I missed half of "Knocked Up" because some kids sitting behind us were getting drunk and kept yelling. I had to get security. Wow...I feel old now.

Anonymous said...

I stand by my choice, but I am bummed that I can't call Mrs. OMF a dirty bird for picking a dead guy.

gbomb

Anonymous said...

Rudd.

-Natalie.

Alice said...

rudd. i was basically drooling over him throughout the movie. despite the drunk girl behind me repeating all the lines of the movie before alisha got her kicked out. god, alisha, you're such a grandma.

Anonymous said...

Paul Rudd from Wet Hot American Summer...he looks good in Knocked Up, but he is FINE in W.H.A.S. Another note about Wet Hot American Summer, that's Christopher Meloni playing Gene!!!! My two favorite celebrity crushes in one amazing movie...

BREW

beckler said...

So only one and half votes for Peter Cook? Well, let me add mine to make it two and a half. Maybe you have to hear the accent. Paul Rudd is a little too bro-ey for me. But still fine.

Anonymous said...

Well, there's also the contrast between the 2 pictures up there....

-miller

beckler said...

happy now?

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact I am!

-miller

Anonymous said...

Here is a reprint of a funny Paul Rudd article from the Times a few months ago:
http://community.livejournal.com/fake_husbands/4661.html

Anna

wburg said...

BITTER BEER FACE!

Anonymous said...

PAUL RUDD!!