Monday, June 11, 2007

photos from Japan

I just got a disc of pictures of Japan in the mail from our gracious hosts and I thought I'd post them. That's right, I'm about reveal my identity on this blog for all to see:
Here I am at the base of the giant buddha in Kamakura

That's me with the scarf waiting for the cute little green train to take us along the beach in Kamakura

And there I am about to be totally stoked on eating tako yaki outside of a temple in Kamakura.

This was back in Tokyo. These guys were the best. They were grilling up giant shellfish over coals.
Here is the infamous expensive fruit. Each strawberry is about four bucks. I was about to snap a picture of a hundred dollar melon but they asked me to stop taking pictures.
The window display of plastic omurice (rice filled omelette)
Here's omurice with a buttered hamburger patty.

Here's Bancho, a crazy ageless punk guy who played with the Bananas
And a slightly less SFW version, I'll spare you the full frontal that was to come. Unfortunately all the pictures of the bananas are really blurry.

5 comments:

DB said...

Damn you, Bancho! You've stolen my schtick for the last time!

Anonymous said...

Your facelessness - for us readers who don't know you personally, at least - is a great mystique. I'm glad you preserved it.

beckler said...

that's me in the bottom picture with the loincloth

Anonymous said...

" Anonymous said...

Your facelessness - for us readers who don't know you personally, at least - is a great mystique. I'm glad you preserved it. "


Creep-dog!

Anonymous said...

Why is that creepy?

-connie