Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The C word (no, not cunt)-Class

Things are getting really ugly over at undietacos. As I discovered yesterday, tempers are running high about this show. Only two people on the thread used their names, everyone else is just going off anonymously.

The New York Times has announced that they're doing a series of articles over three weeks about class in America. They one they had up yesterday was excellent. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/16/national/class/HEALTH-FINAL.html It tracks three people of upper, middle, and lower classes who had heart attacks.
I am stoked that they're doing this. Talking about class is taboo in America, and I'm glad that such a high-profile media source is going to start some discussion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish i would have been high class enough to get into the LCD show on friday. I also wish i would have been low class enough to have known about it.

Zack Morris

beckler said...

Marie?

Anonymous said...

Marie didnt know about the show either? Atleast that makes me feel a little better.

:not Marie

beckler said...

No. Of course Marie knew about the show. She's cool. I just thought Marie might sign a post "Zack Morris" because of her love of SBTB