Sunday, May 08, 2005

New York: City of Meat

Celebrity sighting for the night: Chloe Sevigney (there are no umlauts on this keyboard so I can't spell it right). Ho hum. Now that I'm a jaded New Yorker it's no big deal. She was sizing me up and I had this minor fantasy that she would say, "cool tights" cuz they are really cool but what she probably was really thinking was, "Frye boots are so last year". She had on a sort of hippie boho thing and platinum blonde hair. We saw her at Sway tonight for the Smiths/Morrissey night and we figured she'd be there. Me and Grace and Johnny were talking about how it's really not that much different from Lipstick, which is simultaneously reassuring/disappointing. I asked a guy to dance, it was more of a charity offer really because he looked a little dorky and was singing along and he said no and then five minutes later I figured out that he was gay (took off his hoodie and was wearing a Klaus Nomi t-shirt, might as well be wearing a shirt made out of a rainbow flag) so I'm sure that's why he turned me down.

So anyway, I've eaten SO MANY DIFFERENT KINDS OF MEATS since I've been there, which is more exciting than any celebrity sighting. Here's a list


MEATS

sirloin
beef/pork (in a stuffed cabbage at Veselka Ukrianian restaurant)
scallop
rabbit
foie gras
oyster on the half shell
lamb
skate
char
swordfish
mussels
escargot
filet mignon (carpaccio)
tuna
kielbasa
proscuitto
salmon


Keep in mind, I have eaten all these meats in THREE DAYS. Who knows what I will eat tomorrow, I hear there's a hip haggis restaurant on the lower east side. Out of this list, the meats I was trying for the first time were: oysters on the half shell (I'm in love and will probably be marrying an oyster soon), rabbit (tastes like chicken), foie gras (not livery enough), char, and skate. I will try to post more complete restaurant reviews later. I'll be back soon to lighten up your dreary workaday lives.

Johnny sez he's on fire.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"oyster on the half shell" could be the next RTL hit.

Josh said...

I wish I could have gotten in touch with you about Gorman's bbq last night! Then I guess you could have had even more meat. The ribs were delicious.

Anonymous said...

I cant believe you support the slaughter of Sword Fish!! First hunted to extinction, then slandered by a crappy movie named after it.

mt.st.mtn. said...

Smiths night at Sway? Oh man, here's picks of that night + Sevs at Epiclylaterd.com - maybe you're in there too.