Friday, May 20, 2005

Mildly amusing post for Scott

Ungh! Out Hud, the Gold Chains, and Tussle?!??!!!???!! (keep alternating exclamation points and question marks to infinity) Out Hud deserves way way way way (keep going for a million ways) better than that.

That's cool that Brian Jonestown Massacre really is playing at Old I in July, though. I will be one of the fairweather fans who is just there because of the movie. I wish it was on my birthday since I have no birthday ideas. On second thought, most of my friends probably won't want to go to that show so nevermind.

In other BJM news that will probably only amuse me and Margaux (and maybe Jenny), the three of us made it all the way through Dig! before I remarked that the tambourine/maracas/entertaining/annoying guy Joel Gion looked really familiar. We all laughed and it seemed all three of us had been thinking that, I said "we've probably seen him at the Phone Booth or something". Turns out he works at Amoeba on Haight. Researching this led me to this mildly amusing jibe from Anton Newcombe. Whaddya want from me? Mildly amusing is the best I can do on a friday afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh maaaaaaan yeah you're right! i kept thinking he looked familiar, too, but chocked it up to his generic hipster doofusness. alas, he was the pricer when i sold records to amoeba last fall. it all makes sense.