Wednesday, May 18, 2005

House of Heckasac

Me and Homsi tried the Torta Ahogada at La Fiesta (which I believe had been recommended to me) and it was kind of a dud. It's got the regular torta bread, but the only filling is pork (and a little bit of refried beans) and it's got a mild red sauce poured all over it to make it nice and soggy. The pork was good, but I missed the cheese and avocado and stuff. Skip it and order a BBQ chicken torta instead. That's the bomb.

H. didn't seem to like the M.I.A. record as much as I did. Oh well, his people's music mostly consists of high-pitched wailing interspersed with disco. The two of us, Heckamax, and the Donger had a little listening party in my room last night where I spun some John Cale, Kate Bush, Nilsson, and Cheap Trick and we tested out some high-grade weed that has been making the rounds at my house. The more pot you smoke, the better Kate Bush sounds, and she already sounds good to start with. Then we went to see "House of Wax". Pretty bad, but it's redeemed by the last 10 minutes which look really cool. It was decidedly not redeemed by the presence of Paris. She was terrible (of course she was) and she didn't even say "that's hot" and her hair extensions looked like white ropes. Later, me and D.P. thought of other possible movies in the "house" theme like:
House of Tacks-sharp pokey tacks everywhere for you to step on and sit on
House of Whacks-people hitting you with rolled-up newspapers
House of Tact-no one will tell you that your fly is open and you have a booger on your face
House of Tax-everything you do you're taxed heavily for (a horror film for Republicans)
Were we stoned? Yes we were.

They D.A. has decided not to charge anyone in the death of that guy at Arco.http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/story/12911138p-13759538c.html
I guess he was wasted and he also had opiates in his system, and some kind of morphine pill in his car. His family says it's bullshit and wants to sue, but everyone, even his friend, is backing up that he provoked the whole thing. Griego Erwin's stuff about him fucking with people during the King's game seemed to check out, so maybe that's not what she lied about.

Here's a choice quote for Heckamax that was in a front page (!-isn't there any real news) story today in the Bee about the new Star Wars movie

"I was 12 the first time I saw 'Star Wars' - I still remember being amazed by the effects," Leyden said. "But growing up in Yuba City, I could also relate to Luke (Skywalker) as a small-town kid battling the evils of the world."

10 comments:

Josh said...

I thought Paris was no better or worse than any other person playing that role. The audience did erupt in applause when she died. I'll say that I didn't think it was necessarily scary but I was pretty tense the whole time and I ate two whole packages of twizzlers.

beckler said...

I just expected more suspense. I was distracted by Eliza (or whatever the fuck her name is) Cuthberts ill-fitting bra. The end was prett awesom, though, and seemed to rely on old-fashioned effects rather than CG. Moral: don't build your house out of wax!

Josh said...

It was indeed ill fitting but in a way I quite liked.

Doesn't it seem odd that the house of wax wouldn't have melted quite a bit already since it's, y'know, Florida, and it gets pretty hot down there?

Anonymous said...

Face it, House of Wax rules. Did you notice it was an entire TOWN of wax?

Speaking of Star Wars, my older brother has flown in from the deep South to watch the final chapter with his two younger brothers. Mathew will be wearing a wookie suit. Something about Yuba and Star Wars.

Sadly, we all know its gonna suck it, and I have to cancel Knock Knock practice. Jay Baker has vowed to kick Lucas in the nuts if he ever happens to run into him on the street. I agree.

Heckamax

beckler said...

Wow, I wrote "prett awesom". Maybe that will be my new catch phrase. We discussed the "house melting cuz of hot weather" scenario later too. It would probably just get soft and you would have to stick to the ground floor so that you wouldn't fall through. Is it gross that I thought the non-wax-face hillbilly was cute?

DB said...

High praise indeed that Paris was only casually terrible as opposed to egrigiously so.

Anonymous said...

Seventh graders inform me that house of wax is "hecka-tight".

heckamax

DB said...

By the way, I am seeing "Star Wars" at 12:30 p.m. tomorrow, so I will be able to tell you in the afternoon just how dicksmellian it is. Incidentally, my pre-show goal is to get the most stoned I have ever been. Although considering the quality of the new Star Wars films to date, that may not be quite so incidental to the film's success.

beckler said...

Db-
that is stoned indeed.

beckler said...

DB-
Let me know if you want to post a review. Just email it to me.

P.S.-why won't Hayden Christensen wash his hair? Or is it just secreting buckets of oil all the time?